Resurrection Christian Middle School
We are excited to come along side you in educating and loving your middle school student each day. As a staff, one of our most encompassing goals is that each student have a positive school connection with at least one staff member and that we are able to show the love of Jesus to each student and their families.
We continually focus on excellence in education including Biblical Integration, technology applications, and applied, inquiry-based learning. Thank you for exploring Resurrection Christian Middle School!
Why is Resurrection Christian Middle School Unique?
- Positive, Encouraging Relationships – Teachers Encourage and Build Students Up Based on 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- Collaboration – Teachers, Parents and Administration Work Together for All Students
- Student Choices – Teachers provide student choice based on understanding of Brain Compatible Instructional Elements and Student Intelligences (God Given Gifts)
- Meaningful Curriculum – Clearly Identified Student Learning Goals aligned with National Core Standards which let students know what they need to be able to understand and do
- Immediate Feedback on Student Progress – Teachers interact with students and use technology to check for understanding, redirect, and re-teach to help students master curriculum content
Spiritual Development at RCS Middle School
As a private Chrisitan school, we strive towards helping students develop into bold, Christian citizens. At Resurrection Christian School, we utilize a variety of avenues to assist in the spiritual development of the student and encourage them to create an identity that aligns with Christian values.
- Bible class – Facilitated by an invested and knowledgeable instructor, this class provides the daily opportunity to read God’s word, participate in open discussions in a safe environment, and ask questions about topics that are unclear. The bible class also serves as the primary platform to produce born-again, boldly Christian students who desire an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Chapel – The chapel serves as an integral part of our private school community. Weekly chapel services offer a time of celebration and instruction as we exalt the name of Jesus and invite God to speak to the corporate body of RCS. These services are marked by opportunities to practice passionate worship to the Lord, receive life-giving instruction for daily teen living, and the chance to live their faith in the hallways, classrooms, and beyond.
- Relationships – Students attending RCS have a unique opportunity to glean wisdom and encouragement from the staff at RCS. From the gym floor to the classroom; the performing arts hall to the field, teachers, and coaches at RCS care about students! Teachers seek to see their students’ lives marked by Christ-like character, welcoming the opportunity to provide instruction beyond school walls. Our teachers are always available to help students build and foster a relationship with God, becoming a passionate follower.
Middle School Academics
|Math||Holt Macdougal Grade 6 (2012) Print & Digital|
|Science||Bob Jones, General Science 4th Edition Print only|
|History||The Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson and the Olympians Book 1 (novel)|
|English||The Giver, Holes Print only|
|Band||Essential Elements for Band – Book 1 Print only|
|Choir||Essential Musicianship for Choirs Book 1 Print only|
|Math||Holt McDougal Mathematics Grade 7 2012 (Grade Level); Holt McDougal Mathematics Algebra 1 2012 (Above Level) Print & Digital|
|Science||2013 Edition BJU- Life Science Print & Digital|
|History||World Studies 3rd Edition BJU (2011) Print only|
|English||Hatchet, Chains: The Seeds of America Trilogy, A Long Walk to Water, Students read a minimum of one free choice novel most months. Print only|
|Band||Essential Elements for Band – Book 2, Habits of a Successful Middle School Musician Print only|
|Choir||Essential Musicianship for choirs book 1 Print only|
|Math||Holt McDougal Mathematics Algebra 1 2012 Print & Digital|
|Science||Earth Science – 2012 Edition BJU, Physical Science – None Print & Digital|
|History||The American Republic 3rd Edition BJU Print only|
|Bible||So Long, Insecurity…you’ve been a bad friend to us, Beth Moore, 2010 Print only|
|A Daughter’s Heart- Falling in Love with the Father, Ava Sturgeon, 2011 Print only|
|English||The Outsiders, Farenheit 451, The Book Thief, Students read a minimum of one free choice novel most months Print only|
|Band||Habits of a Successful Middle School Musician, Foundations of Superior Performance Print only|
|Choir||Essential Musicianship for Choirs Book 1&2 Print only|
Standardized Test Scores for RCS Middle School